Monday, March 27, 2006

What is wrong with me--Day 2

OK--

So, C and I had a talk about this and I finally got to talk to the doctor's nurse.

1. C's suggestion: I need to learn to release the stress. I get all wound up, and stress, as much as I read, really messes up your system. So, I am on a mission to learn to breath deep, and let the stress go.
2. Spoke to the nurse, and I have an appointment on May 2nd for blood work, etc. At least that is much better than 4 months out. She was great, and I was happy that I called. If there is nothing wrong, then I will be able to breath easier. Her parting words, "If you get pregnant between now and then, please call and cancel this appointment and set one up for your first pregnancy visit." I said thanks, and told her I would call right away if that happened.
3. Why are the stupid, poor people in this country breeding? and so easily? I got it, they have no stress, the government will pay for their children so no worries...but I digress.

Korie--thank you so much for the great response. I appreciate you!! I promise I will keep you posted on the happenings.

1 comment:

CarrieB said...

Oh Karen, I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I'm also sorry that I didn't realize you were feeling this down. Gosh, I wish I could come grab you and we could just get away. Life has such great perspective when you can just step away once in a while.
Your work has always been incredibly stressful and you are taking on so much with the house right now. You really do need an outlet that renews you. I know time is precious and you fill every day with so much, but maybe some instruction on how to do that breathing would be beneficial. Like a regular yoga class, or a standing appointment with a massage therapist. You know how when you walk into a spa and the ylang-ylang and sandalwood candles and sound of running water just kind of melts that stress at the door? You need to find a place like that and put an appointment for renewal time on your calendar. Honey, you need to take care of your health--mental, physical and emotional health--. Women are so busy doing and taking care of others we totally put ourselves last. I hate it that you are hurting right now and I want you to be gentle with yourself and focus on renewal.

I realize the above statement were made by a woman who hasn't had a real vacation since her honeymoon in 1997, but please know the advice comes from a genuine concern.

Love, Carrie