Friday, March 03, 2006

Can't Commit Decorator (Day2)

OK--so you said you would help. So now is the opportunity...I decided I would pick out the bathroom sinks and bathtub first. Those, I thought would be pretty easy. I wanted clean lines, nothing frilly, but the bathtub had to be special. My aunt sent me this article saying what the five hottest trends in home remodeling are today, tomorrow, and future. The article said you do not design for what is hot today, but what is hot tomorrow or future (depending on budget). Good advice...the trouble is that I have wanted a whirlpool bath for ages, and now I was finally getting one...enter problem...article said that "whirlpool baths are yesterday." My heart sank, until I read further...bathtubs that have whirlpool capabilities but also soaking capabilities are the tomorrow, and the future just way to expensive for our little pocketbook. So tomorrow it is... so here is the bathtub...its by Kohler. And the tomorrow aspect of this tub is the chromatherapy lighting. Sounds interesting, and the clean lines of the bathtub means no curves or grooves that I will have to scrub to get clean. Click here to see the matching sinks.

So what do you think?

Signing off--Can't commit decorator

1 comment:

CarrieB said...

My thoughts:

$4500 for a tub????? Are you smoking crack? Or am I just so far out of it, I don't realize what a tub costs? Chromatherapy?? WTF? What does it actually do for you? Also, I read that jacuzzi jets in a tub cannot be santitized so the crud that gets gunked in there is there forever. Sounds gross to me.

Your taste is definitely more streamlined and modern than mine, but I'm thinking I'd be going for a retro clawfoot bathtub with high sides.

You can always build your pool and spa later for those jets.