Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Yesterday

Don't you ever have one of those days when you tell the world to stop, so you can catch up? I had many balls in the air, and many of them came crashing to the ground yesterday. So, let's summarize:

  • Monday night, 8:30 pm, appraiser for the refinance called and wanted to show up at my house the next day. The answer: No, let's try for next Tuesday.
  • Next morning, 10AM, loan processor calls, for some additional info. I tell her about the late phone call, and idiot appraiser. Her response, is how rude, but you do need your home appraised by the 23rd (the absolute latest) because we need ten business days to complete, otherwise you owe more money, and your rate can't be locked in. So what is with this 30-day lock in rate when I have to have everything completed within 15 days? Panic mode sets in because my house is in no condition to be appraised--that appraiser would be laughing, " you want that much for this dump?"
  • 11AM, husband calls, claiming he has a deathly illness and will die by sunset. Men...why can't they just suck it up? I threw up for four hours on Saturday night from some mysterious illness, and the next morning I ran all my weekly errands and housework. Love my husband, hate the helpless person he turns into when he doesn't feel well. There goes any chance of slave labor for the day.
  • 2pm, boss says, the $2.6 million project I have been madly trying to finish over the last week, needs to be completed because the $30 million project needs attention. Not to mention, another co-worker promised a set of documents for this project with a VERY unrealistic deadline to the client, and she didn't consult me on the timeframe--I was playing hookie that day, but that is besides the point-- I am the one that will complete the docs--and she can't help me.
  • 4:55pm, one of my subconsultants on the $2.6 million project has now gone MIA. He is the one holding me up, and I can't get a hold of anyone in his office of 20 people, and that's not for a lack of trying. Didn't anyone realize that 4:55pm is still 5 minutes away from 5pm, and the receptionist should still be answering the phone?? Hello??

So, to summarize my day--it just sucked. So to finish off the day, I spent the next five hours at home scrubbing walls, fixing little dings (so they can be painted today), and threw out five garbage bags of crap. My motto last night: haven't picked it up in six months--then it gets thrown out--don't even look back, and don't second guess yourself.

I ended up organizing my scrap room last night as well--and who knew I had so much ribbon?

1 comment:

CarrieB said...

Wow. You need some stress relief. Do you drink wine. I'm thinking I'd be drinking a lot of wine if I were you. Good luck with everything.