Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Buddy


Well, this weekend was going to start off wonderfully. C and I were going to get up and get this house together to be appraised. We need to have the house completely put together, so our refinance and expansion plans can proceed with at least no financial hiccups. That was until Saturday morning at 7:15 am. I fed the cats as usual, but when I went back into the house, and back to bed to lay down for another half a hour, I was brought back to awake by my oldest cat crying outside. I thought that was strange, so I got up and went back outside to see him crying in pain. I inspected his back leg and notice a huge gash in his skin on his back leg by his tail. To make a long story short, C found an emergency vet, and I quickly bundled Buddy into the cat carrier and off we went. A half an hour later, the vet told me that Buddy has had this wound for several days and it was severely infected. He didn't think that he could save his tail, not to mention his life. Buddy was almost twenty years old, and I had to make the decision to put him down. I hate those decisions. So, if you ever met Buddy, he was just a friendly cat that just wanted some attention whenever you were around. He was happy just following you around the yard, and sitting in the shade watching you do your yard work. We adopted him two years ago, and he walked into our little family, and he will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

CarrieB said...

I'm so sorry Karen. You love your pets so much and take such good care of them. You made the right decision. See you soon!