Monday, January 23, 2006

It's over

After several weeks, and one really maddening week of real work-9 hours, work at (or on) home--5 hours--the appraisal is over. OK--so you ever get the feeling of being let down. There has to be more to an appraisal then... "I'm going to take some pictures, measure the house, and then I will be done." I need some praise..."Your house looks great...love the colors...something." I would even take "...like the flowers." But nothing. All I got was, "this house is completely square", as he was measuring my back patio. OK--yes that's right we live in a completely square box.

Either way, the house looked super. Especially with clean carpets. C and I started a trend to take off our outside shoes at the door, and put on slippers "that you can only wear in the house" on. Hoping that trend continues.

Other positive things that came out of this appraisal...
  • De-cluttered my house. Threw out, gave away, or disposed of absolutely everything that we haven't used in at least six months, not to mention years.
  • Organized my house. Yes, that's right. Put everything where it belonged, or created new bins, etc. if it didn't really have a home.
  • It's manageable--now I just have to keep the house up. As both C and I work things get way out of hand at times. If I just take 15 minutes in the evening, and clean something, anything, I am hoping everything won't get so out of control.

I should now go around the house and take the "before" pictures. That way, once the construction starts and finishes over the next six months, I can remember a completely clean and happy home. Post the pictures up here over the next week or so.

1 comment:

CarrieB said...

Well congratulations on a job well done! I'm sure it is beautiful. Just the fact that you removed clutter and organized has got to make you feel good. Don't worry about robot appraisers. I think it is a function of their job to remain emotionless about a home and work the formulas.

Good job Karen!