Friday, September 15, 2006

Life...in general

This past weekend C and I spent our anniversary in beautiful Sedona. Anyone who has been to Sedona knows that you just can't get enough of the wonderful views. We arrived Saturday afternoon and had a relaxing dinner at the Redstone Cabin. Completely stuffed ourselves to the gills. The next morning we got up and played golf at the Sedona Golf Resort. We had a wonderful time playing golf, who wouldn't with those views. I also broke 50 on the back nine. OK--for all you non-golfers, that is a big accomplishment for a beginning golfer like myself. I par'd a Par 3, Par 4, and Par 5 that day. In my short time playing golf, up until Sunday, I had only par'd a short Par 3 and on another day a Par 4. I have never par'd each one all in the same round.

This weekend, my friend M and I are attending the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Phoenix and going to the warehouse sale at Bazzill. Korie has already put her order in, but Carrie would like anything, give me a call and I will get you what you want. M got into Bazzill early, and she says a ton of cardstock (including all the textured) is dirt cheap. Prices are 120-12"x12" sheets for $20, and 120-8 1/2" x 11 for #15. I figure that is a $50 savings.

Everyone have a great weekend. Oh, our contractor--I think we have finally given up the ghost. Thanks Kat for your offer on the lien release form--I will take you offer up. I sent an email to you, but if you don't get it, put a response here and I will try again. I think we are going to have to hire other people to come in and finish the work and sue our contractor for damages and what it is going to take us to finish the work. Sucks, but hopefully in a month we will have a finished master suite. Unfortunately, we will be a little lighter in the pocketbook--a hard lesson learned.

2 comments:

KatBliss said...

Hi Karen I emailed you the forms. Hope they help!

CarrieB said...

I hope you had a wonderful time at the CK convention. What did you get?