Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Carrie has me all inspired...

Before I begin, let me take just a minute and say that this is the second day in a row that I have blogged. No one get too excited, but just thought I would like to pass that little bit of information on. Anywhoo...

Carrie asked how was the CK Convention this weekend, and it was a blast. Mara and I started out at 6:30am and headed to Bazzill for their annual warehouse sale. Tons and tons of paper all for the taking. Women are funny, as Mara and I were collecting our fair share of this wonderful cardstock (and we were also buying for Korie), all these women kept asking me, "So, do you think you have enough paper?" My response was a resounding, "no, actually. I think I need more." Being very sarcastic...and you all know how I respond to ridiculous questions like that. OK--two points of logic here I would like to point out:
  1. Hello? We are at a paper company warehouse sale. What else is my main staple of purchase besides paper?
  2. Also, at $15 for over 120 sheets of Bazzill paper (retailing at 60 cents a sheet), why the hell not? That's a saving of nearly $57 per box over retail.

OK, and Mara did point out that we probably wouldn't buy this much paper if it wasn't such a smokin' deal. But, now I have every color in the rainbow, and won't run out until next sale. So that makes me happy. So, that was an interesting adventure, and not a cheap one either. We ended up getting seven boxes. OK, so you buy six and get the seventh for free. No a bad deal on textured cardstock.

Then we went to the convention. Had a blast, took a couple of classes, and spent way too much money on Technique Tuesday stamps. All TOO CUTE. Here are just a couple of my purchases...

Letters and Images and dates...and before you say anything else...I will tell you that I broke the piggy bank for this one.

The other highlight of the day had nothing to do with scrapbooking at all, actually it was a fire alarm. Yes, we had fire alarm go off at the Convention Center and they evacuated all of us out in about five minutes. They literally had to tell people to move away from the building...women were actually standing just outside the doors because they wanted to be let back in. Figures, scrapbookers can be neurotic at times, can't we?

1 comment:

CarrieB said...

That paper warehouse sale just sounds heavenly!