Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Surprise in the mail

When I got home yesterday, I had a surprise waiting for me in the mail. C didn't have a clue what it was so he left it for me. When I opened up this non-descript envelope, I immediately realized what it was. No, it wasn't a letter telling me I won $100 million dollars, and wouldn't have to work for the rest of my life--I wish, but that's a whole other story. No, dear girlfriends, all my trips to New Mexico have finally paid off. I have earned a free roundtrip ticket anywhere in the US, and I am going to use it to visit my friend Korie back east in February for a wonderful weekend of scrapbooking. I was totally excited.

C on the other hand couldn't understand why this made me so happy. His response was, "we can use it for our trip to Las Vegas." My answer, "Hells to the no. We can buy those tickets. I am using this to visit Korie." He wasn't too impressed until I told him that I am going in February whether or not we pay for the plane ticket. This way it costs us less. C said fine, as we are trying to price out how much its going to cost us to finish our master bedroom.

Either way, I have my free plane ticket.

No comments: