Wednesday, August 02, 2006

...getting my act together

OK--it's been forever, and I admit it. I have haunted all my regular blogs, but I haven't written anything. So if anyone is still coming to check my blog for updates, I will try to be better in my writing. Funny story yesterday, all I can say here is that my husband is a typical man.

OK--new master bedroom actually looks like a room now, and last night he figures we need to start talking about furniture location. We still need carpet and paint but the room is a room, so I think why not talk about this he will just re-affirm his preference that our bed will go against the southern wall as we decided about three months ago, and the reason for the smaller windows on that wall, so the bed can fit under it. We talked and talked, and I thought this would be a good comprimising point, and then he won't bug me about most of the other items I pick out for the bedroom. So I go happily off into the decorating world planning that wall to be the dark red wall in the bedroom, madily scanning decorating magazines for some fun window treatments that won't look so overwhelming next to the bed, and peacefully coming to the conclusion that C was right, the bed would be better on that wall... (little hint: my preference was the bed against the west wall)

Flash forward to last night: We measure, we talk, and he says the bed would be better against...you guessed it...the west wall. I'm sorry but wasn't that my preference in the first place? Now, I am lobbying to keep the bed against the southern wall, and he the west. So we diplomatically left it, well when we have the room finished we can move the bed frame around and see what works.

PS. I am hoping once I get that red wall painted and carpet in, and then he will have no choice but to keep the bed on the southern wall. BTW, is that bad feng shui??

1 comment:

CarrieB said...

I think the Feng Shui rule is that you shouldn't have your bedroom door facing your bed (your feet shouldn't point out the door).

Welcome back! I've missed you!