Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Land of Enchantment...my arse

Question for today...why was New Mexico populated before Arizona? I just don't get it...and this Land of Enchantment thing...enchantment?? No you are just lulled to sleep with the boring flat landscape that hypnotizes you into a half-catonic state; not to mention---it's brown. Korie, your husband has no clue what brown is until he sees NM. I have two words for NM--brown and cold. Imagine Flagstaff weather, but no trees--just brown dirt and little shrub bushes, or at least that's what Albuquerque has to offer. The only slightly interesting thing I found in that city is a Hobby Lobby. Seriously, never been in one before and for a box store, not bad.

The big happening in that city last week was they are finally getting a Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, a White House/Black Market, and a Sharper Image. The tag line was..."now you don't have to travel to Phoenix anymore to visit these stores, we have them right here." Everyone that I spoke to outside my "engineering" world was so excited. Hell, if I had to live in Albuquerque, I would be damn excited about a Pottery Barn as well.

Lucky me, I get to travel there every other week for the next six months. Can you tell I am just so excited about it? Also, my comapny is screwing me as well. As a "part-time" travel employee, I am entitled to a laptop, which is something that I have been requesting for quite a while now. Well, my lovely office manager is hesitant to order one for me, and he would rather just scrounge one up. WTF! I am doing this company a HUGE favor by agreeing to help clean up one screwed up project, and all I am asking for is a stinking laptop. So now this lovely office manager is forcing me to go over his head to the regional manager and plead my case. This will add some fire to an already tense working relationship. Oh, and a side note, another engineer here basically got a laptop forced on them because they will be traveling one day a week to Sedona. Oh, and girls, the week I am here in Phoenix, one of the days is in Sedona as well.

Gotta just love this shit. Sorry to be venting today, but it just isn't a good one. As C put it, it's good to be angry, just not emotional...something I haven't mastered yet.

No comments: