Thursday, December 22, 2005

So, I believe I have experienced something new...

I can never think of a Christmas that I haven't spent in the state of Arizona. I know that sounds impossible, but its true. Whether it is at my parents' house, my house, or my husband's family I have always been in Arizona for Christmas. This year is different. OK--I have to admit but I am a little excited to spend Christmas where we might even get snow on Christmas Day. Where it is actually cold, and no one really spends time outside...quite a different concept for a desert girl.

One thing that I don't appreciate in this mad rush and flying back east is the idea of shipping presents for Christmas Day. I am leaving my gift-giving ability up to unknown people that "assure me" that my gifts will get to their destination on time. That is quite a leap of faith for this control-freakish type of girl. And UPS, regardless of their very cute delivery men, has caused me issues today. The gift that was to put Aunt Karent (he always puts a "t" at the end of my name) and Uncle Chris on the gift-giving pedestal for the day, went AWOL. UPS's little tracker system said it wouldn't arrive to Indianapolis until December 27. I stared at that little piece of information on my computer screen for several seconds before realizing my problem. How can I give a little boy the "best gift" ever on Christmas Day, when the package wasn't going to be there until two days later?

Well the total control-freakish girl I am, called UPS and told them they needed to deliver the package before Christmas--no excuses. OK, so that didn't go over very well. So a few hours of panic, a couple of scenario building sessions later, I went back online and discovered that the package was upgraded, and will be there tomorrow. Fantastic, my "queen & king for a day in a little boy's life" was just made possible by my no so friendly or convenient friends at UPS. But its getting there, and that's all that matters. Now, this better not jinx it.

Otherwise, this is probably it for posts until next week when I back from the great space known as the mid-west. Until then, have a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: