Friday, September 09, 2005

OK--so no one ever said it was going to be easy

So, for months I have been waiting for my company to be purchsed by the new company, and terribly excited that I was going to be able to work with an engineer that I think is one of the best out there again, then why am I totally hating my job this week, and its only the second week?

Where does it say that after ten years of doing my job well, that I can get treated poorly, and as my close group of friends at the office would say, a become a whipping post again? "WP" for short. I respect him and what he can teach me, but why does he treat me like someone who is completely clueless, and has zero knowledge?

I thought we had worked through the struggles of our communication issues when he worked at my old company. I learned "less is more" and noun-verb. If he wants to know more, then he will ask. I haven't forgotten those lessons; but he has forgotten, or maybe never really learned how to communicate with me.

The latest things that really have bothered me is the lack of communication. Sending out emails that directly relate to the project that I need to know every detail (because in his point of view, that is my job), but forgets to include me on the email, or have meetings about the project and doesn't include me on that invite. He taught me to be pro-active, get the client what he is asking for ASAP, but then chastizes me for doing what he has taught me.

Part of me is thinking I should just realize that maybe I made a mistake in coming here. I should have left when I had the chance. The other, bigger part of me, wants to continue to learn from him, and get past the WP stage. My problem is that I can't remove myself enough to calmly talk this out with him. I am getting way too emotional about this, and that sucks, especially when I am living in the male dominated world I am living in.

Didn't mean for this to be such a depressing blog today, I just had a bad week. Thanks for listening to me rant so much. Any advice on how to detach myself from this would be appreciated, any tricks or tips are welcome.

No comments: