Tuesday, January 09, 2007

So, I am not doing so well...

...at my resolution. I haven't blogged in EIGHT days. Not a good start, but I do have an excuse. I have been in Albuquerque for six of those days, and sick for all nine of them. I have the worst cold in the world right now, but slowly getting better. I never fully realized that business trips can be made much worse when you are sick. I hate being sick--and to be sick while traveling for work--it makes it all that much worse.

On to better things though, one of my friends at work got engaged last weekend to this great guy. He did really well on the ring choice, and she seems happy and content. That's really good to see. Funny, before the proposal she was happy, but you could tell she was anxious about something. You would ask her about marriage, and sure they talked about it all, but when she talked about the timeframe, she always said she was OK with where they are. You could tell though, she felt it was time for the next step, but when was always the nagging part. So, the when part finally happened, and the best thing about it is that she didn't expect it at that moment. I am very happy for her, and look forward to listening to her planning adventures and helping her with anything she asks of me.

Weddings are fun, and hearing about how she is just starting the whole process and all the decisions she has to make...makes me recall my wedding over three years ago. Just in time for me to start the process in putting together all my pages for the wedding album. I hope to start and finish the whole thing when in Virginia next month...now just to get off my arse and get prepping.

BTW, if anyone has neat ideas for weddings centerpieces, invitiations, or announcements---just pass along, I am accepting any pieces of creativity now.

No comments: